Individual Chocolate Cakes
This recipe for individual chocolate cakes is courtesy of fashion designer Ralph Rucci.
The Martha Stewart Show, September Fall 2008
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for molds
- Cocoa powder, for molds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter four 4-ounce ramekins and lightly dust the inside of each ramekin with cocoa powder, tilting to coat; tap out any excess and set aside.
- Heat butter and chocolate in heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water until chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until light and thick.
- Slowly add butter mixture to mixer; add flour and mix until well combined. Divide batter between prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until sides are set and center is soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Invert each mold onto a plate and let stand for about 10 seconds. Gently tap the tops of molds and carefully lift to remove. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.