Michel Roux's Pate Sucree
This recipe for pate sucree is courtesy of Michel Roux and should be used in his Chocolate-and-Raspberry Tart recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- Yield Makes about 1 pound
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Mound flour on your work surface and make a well in the center. Place butter, sugar, and salt in center of well and mix together using your fingers. Slowly incorporate flour into butter mixture, using your fingers, until a slightly grainy dough forms.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add eggs. Using your fingers, slowly incorporate flour mixture into eggs until dough begins to come together.
- Using the palm of your hand, knead dough a few times until smooth. Roll dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.