Sesame Wonton Crackers
These wonton crackers are crisp, sweet, salty, and studded with sesame seeds. Serve them with cocktails, as they are light but full of flavor.
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 24 wonton wrappers, cut on the diagonal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white. Stir in honey and soy sauce; set aside. In another small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds; set aside.
- Divide wontons evenly between prepared baking sheets, arranging in a single layer. Spray wontons lightly with cooking spray and turn.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush wonton wrappers with egg-white mixture and sprinkle with sesame-seed mixture.
- Bake until golden and crisp, rotating pans halfway through baking, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pans about 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store crackers in an airtight container up to a week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.