- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from one 7-ounce can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce; reserve chiles for another use)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups salted roasted peanuts (7 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine adobo sauce, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add peanuts, and toss to coat using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer peanut mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread in a single layer using spatula. Bake, stirring occasionally, until adobo sauce deepens in color and peanuts are toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack, and let stand until cool and hardened, about 30 minutes.
Nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.