Petits Fours with Butterflies
These decorative petits fours with butterflies, a recipe from Karen Porter of Tilly's Cakes, make the perfect treat to serve at bridal showers and other special occasions.
Yield Makes 32 petits fours
- Buttery Pound Cake (http://www.marthastewart.com/254512/buttery-pound-cake)
- Petits Fours Icing (http://www.marthastewart.com/254669/petits-fours-icing)
- Rice Paper Butterflies (http://www.marthastewart.com/258677/rice-paper-butterflies), or store-bought decorations
- Trim 1/4-inch from each of the short ends of the pound cake. Cut cake into 1-inch slices. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from each slice of pound cake, using your finger to release each piece from the cutter.
- Place rounds on a wire rack set over a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Ladle icing over each; let stand at room temperature until dry.
- Gently lift cakes from wire rack using a spatula and transfer to a serving platter. Decorate with butterflies or other store bought decorations.
Store petits fours in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.