Martha Stewart Living, July
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold heavy cream or ice water
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined, about 4 times. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With processor running, add yolks. Gradually pour in cream; process until dough begins to come together, no more than 30 seconds. Pat dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.