Beer-Steamed Potato Hobo Pack
Grab a beer to make these potatoes; it will steam them while imparting a yeasty flavor. You can drink the leftovers as dinner cooks.
Photography: Tara Donne
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place potatoes on a sheet of parchment-lined foil, and season with salt and pepper. Fold and crimp edges to seal, leaving an opening at the top. Pour in 1/2 cup beer (you'll have some left over). Crimp remaining edges to seal. Cook pack set over a campfire or on a medium-high grill (or nestled near coals) until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Top potatoes with butter.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.