Toasted Marshmallow, Charred Bread, and Banana Sticks with Chocolate Fondue
This campfire dessert is a take on chocolate-covered bananas and roasted marshmallows. Charred bread adds a crunchy component.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Makes 8
For the Chocolate Fondue
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
For the Skewers
- 2 rolls <u>Skillet Bread</u>, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ripe but firm bananas, cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 bag (10 ounces) marshmallows
- Make the chocolate fondue: Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan set over a campfire or on a medium-high grill; pour over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in bourbon.
- Make the skewers: Thread bread, bananas, and marshmallows onto 8 skewers. Toast over campfire. Serve with chocolate fondue for dipping.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.