A hint of maple and cinnamon gives these candy-coated walnuts just the right amount of sweetness.
Photography: Sang An
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 4
Yield Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups walnuts (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer (mixture should be frothy), about 3 minutes. Add walnuts, and toss to coat using a rubber spatula. Cook, stirring, until sauce is syrupy and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer walnut mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread into a single layer. Bake until walnuts are caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack. Stir, and let stand until cool and hardened, about 30 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.