Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield Makes 2 disks (enough for 1 double-crust 9- or 10-inch pie or 2 single-crust 9- or 10-inch pies)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water
- Pulse flour, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Drizzle 1/3 cup ice water evenly over mixture. Pulse until mixture holds together when pressed between 2 fingers (dough should not be wet or sticky). If dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse.
- Shape dough into 2 disks, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.