Build-Your-Own Crab Salad Sandwiches
Mix lump crabmeat with a silky homemade mayonnaise for the perfect summer salad, and then set it out with makings for sandwiches.
Photography: Ditte Isager
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
Yield Makes 3 cups salad
- 3 cups jumbo lump crabmeat (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup <u>Martha's Lemony Mayonnaise</u> or best-quality store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chervil, plus sprigs for garnish
- Fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sliced tomatoes
- Mixed lettuces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Basil sprigs
- Lightly toasted country bread
- Stir together crab, mayonnaise, and chopped chervil. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top with chervil sprigs.
- Arrange tomatoes and lettuces on a platter. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with crab salad and bread for assembling sandwiches.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.