Pretty Paper Bowls
Serve homemade treats in containers crafted from ordinary paper plates cinched with big, colorful rubber bands. These everyday supplies have never looked so chic.
Photography: Sang An
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Trim 1/4 inch from the circumference of 1 plate with scallop scissors.
- Using a pencil, draw a tic-tac-toe grid on the back of the plate, with the center square at the plate's center.
- Cut along every other pencil line that extends to the edge of the plate, taking care not to cut into the centered square.
- Fold the flaps up, 1 inside the next. Wrap with a rubber band.
- Paper plates
- Paper Edger Scissors, in Clouds
- Rubber bands
Use six-inch plates for individual bowls or nine-inch plates for larger serving containers.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.