- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced or finely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- Heat broiler. Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Crack eggs into skillet, and cook until whites are almost set, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season eggs with salt and pepper, and top with tomatoes, then cheese. Broil until whites are set and cheese melts and is bubbling, about 1 minute.
Eggs Kevin will taste different every time the cheese is varied; try Gruyere, goat cheese -- whatever you have on hand.