This delicious recipe for soft polenta is from "Welcome to My Kitchen: A New York Chef Shares His Robust Recipes and Secret Techniques," by Tom Valenti.
Martha Stewart Living Television, January 2002
- 3 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup finely ground white cornmeal
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, salt, pepper, butter, and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and whisk in the cornmeal. The resulting mixture will look very loose.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 12 to 15 minutes. Reserve, or if you prefer, leave over low heat and keep warm by stirring frequently, or transfer to a double boiler set over simmering water.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.