- 1/4 cup warm brandy
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Unsalted butter, for baking dish
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 to 24 almond-butter thins
- In a bowl, pour brandy over apricots; let sit 1 minute, then stir in jam to combine. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Butter an 8-inch-square baking dish. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 4-inch overhang. Fold the apricot mixture into ice cream to cover completely; freeze until firm, about 50 minutes.
- To assemble, cut the ice cream into pieces to match the cookies, and layer to form sandwiches.
The sandwiches can be wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen up to 1 week.