Pine Nut Cookies
These Italian cookies are rolled in pine nuts.The delicate flavor of the pignoli deepens as the cookies bake.
Martha Stewart Living, Holiday
- Yield Makes about 3 dozen
- 2 cups pine nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process 3/4 cup pine nuts, the sugar, almond paste, and vanilla in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add egg; pulse to combine. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; process just until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining 1 1/4 cups pine nuts, gently pressing to coat. Space 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies begin to turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.