Classic French Vinaigrette
Simple, bright flavors are the hallmark of this vinaigrette. Toss it with tender, leafy greens and serve as a light side salad.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Generous pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine in a large bowl or jar the shallot, Dijon mustard, salt, lemon juice, and red-wine vinegar. Whisk together to combine well. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store jar in refrigerator if making ahead and shake well before using.
- Serve with 2 large heads Bibb, butter, or romaine lettuce that has been washed and dried well. Tear lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces and toss with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.