Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
This delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe comes from Pam Glynn, the winner of the "Mad Hungry" TV Weeknight Dinner Challenge.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika: smoked, spicy, or a blend of the two
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 pounds, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 cans garbanzo beans or white beans, drained
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the marinade: olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, red pepper, cilantro (or parsley), salt, and pepper in a bowl. Using zip-top bags or a large container suitable for marinating, combine marinade, chicken, beans, and tomatoes, ensuring that everything, especially the chicken, is evenly coated with the marinade. Let marinate a few hours, all day, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, dump contents into large roasting pan. Roast 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and browned, and tomatoes have burst and caramelized.
Boneless chicken breasts can also be used in this recipe. Cook time in the oven will be about 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.