Campanelle with Fresh Arugula and Peas
Campanelle means "little bells" in Italian, and its fluted shape is well-suited for a fresh, chunky tomato and basil sauce.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, crushed
- 3 sprigs basil, torn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound campanelle pasta
- 3 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas
- Fresh-shaved Parmesan
- In a large pasta serving bowl place olive oil, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and salt.
- Boil the pasta, adding the peas in the last minute of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and peas. Toss into the tomato sauce with arugula.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.