Coconut-Poached Shrimp Tostadas
This recipe for coconut-poached shrimp tostadas is courtesy of Sue Torres.
Photography: not applicable
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2006
- Coconut Poaching Liquid (http://www.marthastewart.com/255321/coconut-poaching-liquid)
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 18 corn tortillas, cut into 3-inch rounds
- Coarse salt
- Sue Torres's Guacamole (http://www.marthastewart.com/257721/guacamole)
- <u>Caramelized Pineapple</u> with Sue Torres
- Cured Red Onions (http://www.marthastewart.com/255420/cured-red-onions)
- Bring poaching liquid to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving poaching liquid for another use. Let shrimp cool to room temperature.
- In a large Dutch-oven, heat 2 inches oil to 350 degrees. Working in batches, add tortillas and fry until golden brown and crunchy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer tortillas to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain; season with salt immediately. Let cool.
- Place tostadas on work surface; spread each with 1 tablespoon guacamole. Top with 1 teaspoon pineapple and 1 shrimp each. Garnish with red onions; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.