Molasses- and Chile-Glazed Pork Medallions with Smoky Corn-Red Pepper Relish
This wonderfully delicious meal is courtesy of "Grill It!" authors, Chris Schlesinger and John Willough.
The Martha Stewart Show, September Fall 2008
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (5-ounce) 3/4-inch-thick pork loin cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Smoky Corn-Red Pepper Relish (http://www.marthastewart.com/256197/smoky-corn-red-pepper-relish)
- Preheat a grill: If using a charcoal grill, make a fire in your grill. When the charcoals are completely covered in gray ash, hold your hand about 5 inches above the grill grid; count how many seconds you can comfortably leave it there. When you can hold it there for 2 to 3 seconds, you have medium-high heat and are ready to grill. If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Before beginning to cook, reduce the temperature by turning the knobs to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix together molasses, butter, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon black pepper until well combined; set glaze aside.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and coat with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer pork to grill, placing cutlets directly over heat. Cook, turning once, about 5 minutes per side. Using about half of the glaze, brush cutlets with during the last 30 seconds of cooking, reserving any remaining glaze for serving.
- Transfer cutlets to a serving platter and loosely cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving with Smoky Corn-Red Pepper Relish and reserved glaze.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.