Watermelon Juice with Ginger and Lemongrass
Thanks to watermelon's natural sweetness, this drink doesn't call for sugar.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
Yield Makes 6 Cups; Serves 6
- 4 pounds watermelon, peeled and cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated (preferably on a Microplane zester) lemongrass
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated (preferably on a Microplane zester) fresh ginger
- Coarse salt
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: trimmed lemongrass stalks
- Puree watermelon in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice, lemongrass, ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Divide juice among 6 ice-filled glasses, and garnish with lemongrass stalks.
Storage: Juice can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.