Cream Cheese Frosting for Red Velvet Cake
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2005
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add sugar and vanilla, and beat until combined, about 2 minutes. Fold in walnuts.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.