This almond-tomato spread tastes great with toasted pita triangles or homemade Pita Crisps.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until deep brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Squeeze tomatoes to remove seeds. Add tomatoes to a food processor along with toasted almonds, garlic, paprika, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and red-pepper flakes; process until nuts are finely ground and mixture is well combined.
- With the motor running, add oil; process until a paste forms.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.