Blue Creek Burgers
This recipe for Blue Creek burgers comes courtesy of Ted Turner.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2006
- 2 pounds freshly ground bison meat
- 3 teaspoons Ted's Special Spice Mixture (http://www.marthastewart.com/255900/teds-special-spice-mixture)
- 4 cornmeal-dusted kaiser rolls, split
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled domestic blue cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Preheat a griddle to medium. Make 4 equal-size patties from the ground bison meat, taking care not to overwork the patties.
- Season each patty with 1/4 teaspoon of Ted's Special Spice Mixture on each side, and place on griddle. Cover the burgers with a stainless-steel bowl or other heatproof dome-shaped object, and cook for 6 minutes. Turn burgers over, and season the top of each burger again with 1/4 teaspoon of the spice mixture. Cover with the dome, and continue to cook, 4 to 5 minutes for medium.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place equal amounts blue cheese on each burger and cook until the cheese melts. Butter the cut side of the rolls and place, cut side down, on the griddle. Cook until lightly toasted. Serve each burger on a roll with 3 slices bacon and equal amounts sauteed mushrooms.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.