Roast Chicken with Brioche Stuffing
This roast chicken recipe is from Daniel Humm of New York's Eleven Madison Park.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- 1 (3-pound) chicken
- Brioche Stuffing (http://www.marthastewart.com/255532/brioche-stuffing)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon
- Starting from the neck end of the chicken, carefully run your finger under the skin to separate from the meat, leaving it attached in the center to the sternum. Do not tear the skin.
- Evenly pipe stuffing under the skin of the legs and breasts. Season inside of chicken with salt; place rosemary and garlic in cavity of bird. Prick lemon all over with the tines of a fork and add to cavity. Truss chicken and transfer to a refrigerator to chill at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a roasting pan and transfer to oven. Roast chicken until juices run clear, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and loosely cover with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil. Let stand 30 minutes before carving and serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.