Neapolitan String Beans
Martha Stewart Living Television, September 2001
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds string beans, trimmed and washed, but not dried
- 1 large sprig fresh basil
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes in a medium saucepan. Add tomatoes and green beans. Place over medium-low heat, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add basil, and cook, covered, for 5 minutes more. Serve hot or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.