Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
Kicked up with golden rum, this sweet tea is an interesting take on a longtime Southern classic.
This recipe is from "Emeril at the Grill" by Emeril Lagasse.
- 7 cups water
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Bacardi 151 or other high-proof golden rum
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and allow the tea bags to steep for
- Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining 3 cups water and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher, and add the lemon juice and rum. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.