Warm Pear-Raspberry Bruschetta
Martha Stewart Living, November 2000
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 slices Italian or French bread, cut on diagonal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe but firm Bartlett pears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Toast bread until golden, and spread with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar, and set aside.
- Peel, core, and slice pears into 3/4-inch-thick wedges, and toss with lemon juice. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and remaining cinnamon-sugar, and cook until caramelized and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, and swirl until caramel in pan is saucy.
- Spread mascarpone on cinnamon toast, and top with sauteed pears, caramel, and raspberries.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.