- <u>Citrus Cookie Dough</u>
- 1 cup chopped toasted blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped candied orange peel
- Once the flour is incorporated according to dough recipe, beat in almonds and orange peel. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into a 10-inch-long rectangle. Wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until very firm, about 2 hours.
- Slice dough crosswise slightly thicker than 1/8 inch. Reshape if needed. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
Try one of our shaped icebox-cookie variations:Almond-Cherry Coins; Apricot-Pistachio Triangles; White Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Cherry Triangles; Papaya, Macadamia, and Coconut Triangles; Cranberry-Orange Coins; Chocolate, Walnut, and Cranberry Coins; Candied-Fruit Squares; and Almond and Ginger Bars.
VariationsTry one of our shaped icebox-cookie variations:
White Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Cherry Triangles
Papaya, Macadamia, and Coconut Triangles
Chocolate, Walnut, and Cranberry Coins
Almond and Ginger Bars