Pate, Fig, and Candied-Walnut Danish Sandwiches
Martha Stewart Living, January 2007
- 4 thin slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, preferably Danish, softened
- 4 leaves green-leaf lettuce, stemmed
- 16 slices (1 1/2 inch square, about 1/3 inch thick) duck liver pate with port jelly
- 4 fresh or dried black or white figs, quartered lengthwise
- 16 Candied Spicy Walnuts (http://www.marthastewart.com/307754/candied-spicy-walnuts)
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Top each with a lettuce leaf; cut into quarters. Top each quarter with a slice of pate, a fig quarter, and a walnut.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.