Meyer Lemon Curd
You will need seven cups of curd to complete Martha's Meyer Lemon Anniversary Cake.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
Yield Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 16 large egg yolks
- Zest of 4 Meyer lemons, plus 1/2 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Whisk egg yolks, zest, lemon juices, and sugar in a medium-size, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and butter, whisking until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of curd to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until firm and cold, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.