Coconut Cake Frosting
This delicious coconut cake frosting recipe is courtesy of Robert Carter from the Peninsula Grill, in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2007
Yield Makes enough for 1 cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add vanilla extract, seeds from vanilla bean, and confectioners' sugar. Continue beating until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.