Coconut Cake Frosting
This delicious coconut cake frosting recipe is courtesy of Robert Carter from the Peninsula Grill, in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2007
- Yield Makes enough for 1 cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add vanilla extract, seeds from vanilla bean, and confectioners' sugar. Continue beating until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.