Chocolate-Mint Icebox Cake
This old-fashioned no-bake cake has just three components: store-bought cookies, homemade mint whipped cream, and chocolate chips.
Everyday Food, June 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Make the mint cream: With an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, sugar, and mint extract until stiff peaks form.
- Line a serving platter with two sheets of wax paper side by side. Assemble the cake: Spread each wafer with about 1/2 tablespoon mint cream, forming stacks. Lay stacks horizontally along seam of paper, pressing gently to form a log. With small spatula or knife, cover log with remaining mint cream. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- To serve, gently remove wax paper from underneath cake (holding cake in place with a metal spatula, if necessary), and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Slice cake diagonally with a serrated knife.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.