Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe, Oregano, and Lemon
Photography: Con Poulos
Everyday Food, May 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound orecchiette or other small pasta shapes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, for serving
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, adding broccoli rabe 4 minutes before end of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes over medium until garlic begins to sizzle, 2 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli rabe and return to pot. Add oil mixture and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle oregano over pasta and drizzle with lemon juice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.