Chinese Egg Noodle Soup
This healthy soup is topped with a poached egg and a dash of Sriracha hot sauce for a little kick.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 2 quarts Chicken Broth Elixir (http://www.marthastewart.com/341791/chicken-broth-elixir), or store-bought chicken broth
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 9 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1 pound Chinese broccoli, sliced crosswise in 1-inch pieces
- 4 poached eggs
- In a 3- to 4-quart saucepan, bring elixir to a bare simmer. Add chicken and poach until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a pasta pot. Salt generously and cook egg noodles until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Divide noodles among 4 soup bowls.
- Remove chicken from elixir and set aside to cool slightly. Cook broccoli in elixir until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes, and divide evenly among bowls.
- Slice chicken and divide among bowls. Ladle elixir into bowls and top with a poached egg and Sriracha, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.