- 2 pitas, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse pitas and almonds until coarsely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add butter, both sugars, salt, and cinnamon; toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack. Serve streusel sprinkled over ice cream, yogurt, or oatmeal.
Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, up to 4 days.