Blanching the tomatillos takes away some of their bitterness. Use this Salsa Verde with Empanadas with Spicy Pork.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1996
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 5 jalapeno chile, diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add tomatillos to boiling water; cook 3 to 5 minutes, until just soft. Drain. Let cool; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Toss in bowl with remaining ingredients.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.