Grilled Pork Chops with Peach-Tomato Barbecue Sauce
To keep the pork chops from burning, rotate them from the hottest parts of the grill to the perimeter during cooking, basting with barbecue sauce as you do so.
Martha Stewart Living
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 one-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup peach jam, preferably homemade
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pork chops, 6 to 8 ounces each, trimmed of excess fat
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic and the ginger; cook about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in tomato sauce, peach jam, and peaches. Reduce heat to low; simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar to taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Pour half the barbecue sauce into a shallow baking dish; add the pork chops, turning to coat both sides. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Grill pork chops on a medium-hot grill or grill pan until chops are well marked and cooked through, at least 5 minutes per side. Baste chops with barbecue sauce; rotate during cooking. Remove from grill. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.