Mushrooms and Asparagus with Sherry Vinaigrette
Everyday Food, May 2011
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
Yield Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake, button, and cremini, trimmed and halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), ends trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high and cook one-third the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with more oil and remaining mushrooms. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and cook asparagus, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add to mushrooms. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook shallot until translucent, 3 minutes. Add vinegar and mustard and stir to combine. Add broth and cook, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in honey, then pour over vegetables. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving dish. Serve warm or at room temperature (toss before serving).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.