Pineapple, Basil, and Cucumber
Grill pineapple to give it a charred touch before tossing it with basil and cucumber.
Photography: Raymond Hom
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- 1/2 cored pineapple, cut into 1/3-inch-thick half- or quarter-moons
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (torn if large)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat grill to high. Grill pineapple until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Let cool. Toss with cucumber, basil, olive oil, and salt. Sprinkle with pepper.
Serve this side with grilled shrimp.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.