- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, 4 minutes. Add
garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add orange juice and honey; season with salt and pepper and cook until liquid is reduced and syrupy, 3 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
To mellow its flavor, precook broccoli rabe pieces in salted water until leaves are wilted, about 1 minute, then drain and cook as directed.