- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add butter, beating until incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add sugar, beating until incorporated.
Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.