This recipe for cold tofu is courtesy of En Japanese Brasserie.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- Homemade Tofu (http://www.marthastewart.com/257688/homemade-tofu)
- Crushed ice, for serving
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Finely chopped scallions, for serving
- Fresh finely chopped ginger, for serving
- Bonito flakes, for serving
- Smoked Japanese salt, for serving
- Divide tofu into 6 equal portions. Transfer each portion to a cheesecloth-lined 5-inch round, 2-inch deep tofu basket set over a bowl. Cover each portion of tofu with cheesecloth. Transfer to a refrigerator and let chill for an hour.
- Fill six 7-by-7-by-4-inch tofu boxes with ice. Set each tofu basket in a tofu box of ice. Divide each basket of tofu into 2 portions. Place each portion in a small bowl; serve immediately with soy sauce, scallions, ginger, bonito flakes, and Japanese salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.