- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, quartered
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix together oats, coconut, nuts, syrup, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt, and nutmeg. Spread granola in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes. Add raisins, and bake until granola is toasted, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.
Maple granola can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.