- 2 1/2 cups (about 15 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put butter, confectioners' sugar, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add melted chocolate, and mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Use immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.