This roast chicken recipe from Hosea Rosenberg of Jax Fish House is used to make his delicious Paella.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
Yield Makes one 4- to 4 1/2-pound chicken
- 1 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Place onion, lemon, parsley, oregano, and thyme inside cavity of chicken; using kitchen twine, tie legs together to enclose.
- Transfer roasting pan to oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.