This yummy buttermik biscuit recipe comes from Karen Averitt, Ted Turner's personal chef.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few larger clumps remaining. Pour in the buttermilk; mix until well combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat dough into a round. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick. Using a 3-inch bison-shaped or a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned on top, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve. immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.