Apple Sage Cake
This cake recipe -- from Chef Tim LaBant of The Schoolhouse at Cannondale -- is used to make his Autumnal Parfait.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
Yield Makes one 9-by-13-inch cake
- Unsalted butter, for cake pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peeled and shredded Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup loosely packed sage, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and oil. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until well combined. Stir in apples and sage; mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and transfer to oven. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.