Emily's Blueberry Scones
Emily Hoffman, host of "Whole Living" on Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius channel 112), shares her recipe for blueberry scones.
Radio, July Summer 2008
Yield Makes 9 large scones
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup light cream, to brush tops of scones
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients into a large bowl. Cut butter into mixture, at first with two knives, then with a pastry blender.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and the buttermilk. Fold into the dry mixture along with the fruit.
- Drop onto baking sheets, at least 3 inches apart. Brush the tops with the cream. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly brown.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.